More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew L Silvis
Dr. Matthew L Silvis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palmyra, PA. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Silvis is affiliated with Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center. Dr. Silvis has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Matthew L Silvis has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Matthew L Silvis has the following 7 expertise
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Matthew L Silvis is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew L Silvis - Posted on September 19th, 2013
Dr. Silvis is a one-of-a-kind doctor! He has an awesome bedside manner. He takes his time with you and listens to you. He is your advocate and he makes things happen! I had excruciating back pain and was told that I had to wait a week for an MRI - he got on the phone and got me an appt that day. When I couldn't walk due to the back pain, he sat with me and got on the phone and personally called a neurologist to set up an appt for me for that week. I am huge proponent of Dr. Silvis'!!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Silvis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Matthew L Silvis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Matthew L Silvis
To schedule a Family Medicine appointment with Dr. Silvis in Palmyra, see office location above. To schedule a Primary Care Sports Medicine appointment with Dr. Silvis in Hershey at 30 Hope Drive, Entrance B, please call the Penn State Hershey Bone & Joint Institute at (717) 531-5638.
Locations & DirectionsPENN STATE HERSHEY MEDICAL GROUP PALMYRA, 941 Park Dr, Palmyra, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew L Silvis, MD - Family Medicine in Palmyra, PA, in this video.
Dr. Matthew L Silvis is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Palmyra, PA.