Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew E Sitzer has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 12
My only problem with making appointments to see Dr. Sitzer is the wait time, sometimes it takes a little longer to get an appointment then one would like to wait. But he's worth the wait because Dr. Sitzer is the best! He's knowledgable and has a great bedside manner. Additionally, he usually answers his emails within 24hours, which can be/is very comforting to his patients. He's a doctor that truly cares!
Dr Sitter has been my trusted Dr for 10 years. When he moved his office from the nearby Kaiser Zion Hospital to the San Marcos Kaiser facility I choose to keep him as my Dr. He's worth the commute. kind, carving, compassionate, he cares how you are physically and emotionally. He sets the gold standard for bedside manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
32 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Matthew E Sitzer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYaminah Espinosa DO, 400 Craven Rd, San Marcos, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew E Sitzer in this video.
Dr. Matthew E Sitzer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Marcos, CA.