Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew T Talarico
Dr. Matthew T Talarico, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Templeton, CA, with another office in San Luis Obispo, CA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Talarico is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus and Sonora Regional Medical Center. Dr. Talarico has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew T Talarico has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
This is not about Dr. Talarico, it's about the complete lack of organization which apparently reigns within his staff. Should it take 3 phone calls to get an Rx phoned in to a local pharmacy ( likely already on their speed dial)? I left a message Monday, asking that my records be collected for pickup as we'er moving, on Thursday I left another message.... No response. I again phoned back, and finally got connected with the " medical records clerk", she had just begun responding to Mondays messages ( remember it's Thursday) . I asked for my records to be put in an envelope, " not possible, they're in storage". Who in the world needs this kind of stupidity from a "professional" outfit?
Dr. Talarico is an extremely passionate and kind doctor. He is upbeat, friendly and easy to open up to. He spent close to 45 minutes with me going over my history, what's currently going on and just healthy conversation. He was referred to me by a very picky friend and I'm glad I took her suggestion. I was able to get a new patient appointment within 1 week which is no easy thing in San Luis Obispo county. I have seen countless doctors over my life and I can honestly say Dr. Talarico is already my favorite. You can tell he cares about you as a person and doesn't just sit there and wait for you to talk and take notes. He is invested in your well being, your nutrition and the whole picture. He wants to help people understand how to live to their healthiest capabilities and how to prevent ailments before they arise. He was right on with everything he said, was professional and explained everything in detail in a way that was easy to understand. I highly, highly recommend him to all ages!
Dr. Talarico is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
West Suburban Medical Center
Dr. Matthew T Talarico accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Matthew T Talarico is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Templeton, CA.