Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew D Tangorra DO
Dr. Matthew D Tangorra has 3 locations
1944 State Route 33 Ste 205
Neptune, NJ 07753
Dr. Matthew D Tangorra has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew D Tangorra has the following 12 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew D Tangorra - Posted on June 13th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew D Tangorra - Posted on August 25th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew D Tangorra - Posted on May 10th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew D Tangorra - Posted on July 21st, 2015
STAY FAR AWAY THIS IDIOT
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew D Tangorra - Posted on May 1st, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Matthew D Tangorra Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Matthew D Tangorra
Dr.Tangorra provides specialty care in all areas of digestive and liver diseases. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Gastroenterology at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Tangorra is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is an active member of a number of professional societies, including the American College of Gastroenterology and The American Gastroenterology Association. He received his undergraduate education at Boston College and completed his medical school training at the Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine. Professional interests include all aspects of digestive disease management and prevention, including advanced endoscopic and biliary procedures as well as treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer screening. In his spare time, he enjoys running, traveling, and spending time with his family.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew D Tangorra, DO - Gastroenterology in Brick, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Matthew D Tangorra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brick, NJ.