Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew H Tien has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Child Development
- Breastfeeding Problems
- Adolescent Medicine
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I was recommended by a few of the nurses shortly after giving birth to go to Dr. Tien because he "is extremely nice and soft spoken and is great with kids." I am so happy to have him as my daughter's primary. Very attentive, and is soft spoken which i think helps with kids who are shy like mine. Gives great advice and is extremely nice! I will definitely continue seeing him with my future children!
Dr. Tien explains things without dumbing them down and is not one bit condescending. He listens carefully and checks the kids thoroughly. His wife is, I think, a developmental pediatric psychologist so he is aware of behavioral issues in youth as well as physical ones. He was recommended by the doc who delivered my child who said he is "a really smart guy" and I agree. We are sad he is leaving the Clinic.
19 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Matthew H Tien accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCcf Strongsville Family Health, 16761 S Park Blvd, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew H Tien in this video.
Dr. Matthew H Tien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.