Poor overall experience

I have had nothing but issues with this physician. All he wants to do is prescribe harmful biologics without knowing what is really the root cause or going on. His RN gave me wrong information about my diagnosis. When I told them what the real issue was, they never responded. They wanted to prescribe Humira, without knowing I had a bacterial infection, which could have compromised my entire body. They are a turnkey operation that do over 70 procedures a day. They do not want to try to fix you. They just want to place a Bandaid over it. His PA didn't even know the medication I was on and was giving me advice. The whole team is a joke. When the RN's answering machine comes on, he says, Thank you for calling Asheville Gastrology." Nobody really cares about you there. They care about their bottom line. They're unresponsive and do not embrace real medicine and finding root causes. I will drive 4 hours to Raleigh before I ever return here again.

Dr. Wood is very throrough. He does follow-up procedures if there is anything suspicious. He is like most doctors and very busy, so your time spent with him is very brief. Have questions ready.

Wonderful experience

Dr Woods was a great listner, He asked questions, took his time answered all our questions. Did not rush out the room waited till we were completely ready for everything he recommended. Thanks Dr Woods your a wonderful doctor.

Dr. Matthew W Wood is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Asheville, NC.