Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew W Watkins
Dr. Matthew W Watkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burlington, VT, with other offices in Burlington, VT and South Burlington, VT . He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Watkins is affiliated with Copley Hospital and Memorial Hospital. Dr. Watkins has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew W Watkins has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew W Watkins has the following 23 expertise
- Heart Catheterization
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Attack
- Myocardial Infarction
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Coronary Disease
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Gene Therapy
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Dr. Matthew W Watkins has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Matthew W Watkins is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Watkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Matthew W Watkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew W Watkins in this video.
Dr. Matthew W Watkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlington, VT.