3.3

Have you seen Dr. Matthew J Wills?

Patient

Dr Wills saw my father in ICU for a traumatic brain injury. He came in and answered a hundred questions posed by my family members. He was very patient and able to explain in layman's terms so we could all understand exactly what was happening. Seeing him in the office he was optimistic and confident my father was going to be okay. In an emergency, Dr. Wills is the most patient and calm presence anyone would want to have as their doctor.

About to have back surgery

Hello I just had an appointment with Dr. Wills and the PA Chris Cole, first of all I was not there 5 minutes to complete the paperwork before I was in being weighted and in the room. Vitals were done with in seconds and the ex-rays to assess my back problems. Chris the PA came right in and did some tests and then after conferring with Dr. Wills he came in to discuss a plan to help me. **** Staff EXCELLENT, Dr. Wills was wonderful in his explaining what was wrong and what was needful to correct it, and yes he was upfront with the negatives! My surgery being scheduled my primary doctor,whom I trust referred me to Dr. Wills I am very glad he is willing to take my case. I KNOW up front I may have to have yet another surgery because of what is wrong with me I accept this before he does any thing to me. I will do a follow up and let you know in the future how I am doing.

My daughter had him as a surgeon for back surgery, 5 months later had to redo it. Would never recommend this dr. He was rude, did not tell us anything. We met with him twice for both surgeries. Did not like his staff either. Do your homework on these doctors before they operate and listen to the reviews.

no words to describe him

when my body failed me he did amazing work to help . i had a c2-c6 ependymoma tumor removal as well as c2-t2 fusion. his bed side manner is amazing. caring compassionate and really takes time with me

Know less now than when I went.

Medical Professional

After waiting in the exam room for over 90 minutes, Dr. Will's physician assistant came in and he was very professional, caring, and respectful. After he examined me, he said that Dr. Wills and him would be right in and I waited another 15 minutes. They came in and Dr. Wills didn't even introduce himself. He said he looked at my MRI and wanted to know what I was there for and I explained to him what was going on and that my primary care doctor referred me to him because of what he saw on my MRI. Dr. Wills acted like I was wasting his time and was extremely rude and not professional at all and finally at the very end he did introduce himself. I spent over 21/2 hours in his office and this is what kind of treatment I received. I would never go to him again even though he is suppose to be one of the best, but his bed side manner is horrible.

expertise

medical expertise....superb

This guy is a joke ! Don't let him touch unless you want to be worse off!

Very rude and uncaring about the troubles I was trying to explain

Rude. Disrespectful. I was an RN for decades. Would never recommend this Dr.

Excellent neurosurgeon

Dr. Wills was an excellent neurosurgeon. He was very direct about the options/risks and gave me all the information needed to make a decision. The surgery (3 level discectomy and fusion) went great. I was having pain, numbness, tingling and weakness in both arms and legs. When I woke up after the surgery it was all gone! I would recommend Dr. Wills to anyone.

I saw him on the first visit and the day after surgery. He is very aloof and not very personable. His staff is wonderful.

Dr. Matthew J Wills is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Topeka, KS.