Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matty A Mathivannan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Matty made what would ordinarily been a very uncomfortable procedure (mentally) easy to deal with. He made general conversation with the nurse and somehow, as nervous as I was, pulled me into the conversation; thus taking what was happening from the forefront of my mind. He has a wonderful bedside manner. I highly recommend him.
This physician is one of the very best in terms of knowledge of his field and his relationship with patients. I was blessed to have him assigned to me as my primary care physician. He works in an impossibly busy setting with scores of patients in the facility at one time. A physician in this setting is not responsible for the wait times. Once, I had an appointment. He was there. I was there. It was past the time of his leaving, 6pm. Yet he stayed until the two of us found each other. The front desk staff had dropped the ball, not him. Many others would have left.
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Matty A Mathivannan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matty A Mathivannan in this video.
Dr. Matty A Mathivannan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.