Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maura E Keene MD
Dr. Maura E Keene, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Northampton, MA. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. She speaks English.
Dr. Maura E Keene has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Maura E Keene has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maura E Keene - Posted on January 12th, 2016
Dr Keene delivered my first child in 2006 only because she was the doctor on call that day. I was very young and she left me traumatized! Not only was she uncaring and rude to my guests in my delivery room, she also had to restitch my tears a second time. After my delivery I got novicane and stitches for the tears my son had made on his way out. When she finished stitching she realized there was a hole inside of me. Being that with all her years of experience she had never witnessed this kind of tear she had to go and get a second doctors opinion, which took forever! I was waiting about 20-30 minutes with my legs still up and spread. The options were either to take me up to surgery or get it done right there in the delivery room. We chose delivery room because going to surgery would have kept me away from my new born for 3 days. She took all the stitches she had just stitched out. At this point it had been a good 35-40 minutes since I was last numbed down there. What I experienced next I wouldn't wish upon anyone! Dr Keene started cutting from the outside in with scissors until she made it to the hole and I felt every single second of it!!! Once she started I kept asking her what was she doing and telling her that I could feel what she was doing and that it hurt!!! I even screamed for her to stop! She didn't re numb me before starting again, and I was screaming in pain, all she said was "you're doing good". I literally know what it feels like to get cut open in cold blood thanks to her, not to mention hearing the sound of my skin and flesh being snipped open!! Not only traumatizing for myself, but also for everyone that was in the room with me. My mother inlaw had to leave the room because of my screams. Don't recommend to anyone!
I expect my heath care providers to care.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maura E Keene - Posted on April 16th, 2015
I am over 50 and am a health care provider myself. My three visits with Dr. Keene were by far the worst experiences I've ever had with a health care provider. It is not an exaggeration to say that her behavior was consistently uncaring, insensitive, disinterested, snarky - even rude. Perhaps she's ready for retirement. She apparently isn't enjoying her work.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maura E Keene - Posted on February 11th, 2015
mother of obstetric patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maura E Keene - Posted on May 23rd, 2014
Didn't care for her, sorry.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maura E Keene - Posted on September 30th, 2013
38 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Maura E Keene Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBAYSTATE PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION NORTHAMPTON, 325B King St, Northampton, MA
Dr. Maura E Keene is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Northampton, MA.