More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maureen Burke
Dr. Maureen Burke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nottingham, MD. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Burke is affiliated with Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Danbury Hospital, The, Danbury CT and Danbury Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Maureen Burke has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
She takes her time with her patients, so I'm sometimes waiting a bit longer than I'd like but it's a busy office. Their staff is always willing to have their nurse answer questions over the phone and there is an after-hours triage nurse available to help you deal with emergencies. Dr. Burke has treated both of our kids since birth and we trust her. Sometimes, we, as moms would like a "drug" to "fix" the problem, but she's always quite responsible - and we do appreciate that we can trust her. I've noticed that she's incorporated the newer AAP advice with the care of my younger daughter (and my kids are close enough together that I remember). She's a good doctor.
Dr. Burke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Danbury Hospital, The, Danbury CT
Howard County General Hospital
Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center
22 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1995
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Maureen Burke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohns Hopkins Community Physicians, 4924 Campbell Blvd, Nottingham, MD
Dr. Maureen Burke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nottingham, MD.