Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maureen C Maguire has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I wish there was another endocrinologist that my insurance honored. I've literally met this woman once and she's supposed to be the one regulating my monthly dosage. I can only describe my interactions with Dr. Maguire in two words, cold and impersonal. After removal of my thyroid due to thyroid cancer, she insisted I did not need any follow up treatment (ie. radiation therapy). Well, tumors have spread all through out my lymph nodes. Awesome. Meeting with her wasn't very cold but definitely was impersonal. She had to glance at my file mid greeting to see my name. Overall my cancer experience has left me with a cold and very lonely feeling. She showed me no empathy and since my surgery, has let me completely fend for myself. I don't need her to baby me, but maybe a check in once in a while to see how my meds are working for me; rather than once every year only to tell me I'm "fine" and send me on my way. I would not recommend this doctor. And I look forward to working with Kaiser's coverage team to see if they can assign me a doctor on Oahu.
Maureen Maguire does not read patient files. I made a specific request for her to read my file, and she still did not. She does not take into account the patient's history, or their background when seeing a patient. She does not get back to emails in a timely manner. I wish there was another endocrinologist on island who honored my insurance, as I would prefer to see someone who paid attention to detail.
32 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Maui Lani Clinic, 55 Maui Lani Pkwy, Wailuku, HI
Dr. Maureen C Maguire is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wailuku, HI.