Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maureen H Carson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Adolescent Medicine
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Pap Smear
- Laser Hair Removal
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Female Infertility
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I was going to Dr. Carson for years and thought she was good. Spends enough time with you and can locate a problem but when it comes to diagnosing look out. Get a second opinion. Hysterectomy is her first solutions and not always correct. She doesn't follow up quickly. Talked about possibility of cancer on the phone with me and blamed me for not being able to reach me even though I called several times and left two different contact numbers. After stating I may have cancer didn't call me back for a week. I asked for a second test which she reluctantly gave me and then still state I needed a hysterectomy. Received a second opinion. No hysterectomy - this doctor removed my cysts laparoscopically and I have had no other problems and very very small scars. Get a second opinion. I left her practice after this as I did not like her attitude or quick diagnosis.
I have been seeing Dr Carson for 4 years and absolutely glad that I have chosen her as my OB/GYN. Her office staff is great. Front desk can be dense at times but aren't they all? Ultrasound tech is very skilled. Nurses treat you like a family member. I had problems conceiving and keeping pregnancies for a few years but still managed to produce two absolutely healthy babies. Dr Carson gave me hope and was always there for me. She is very personable, likable, with great bedside manners. I would highly recommend her as a healthcare provider to everyone. Great doctor!
I had a very unfortunate experience with Dr. Carson. When I needed critical emergency attention and I was on a verge of collapsing and fainting (while 4 months pregnant) she made me wait 40 minutes while she leisurely attended other patients that were scheduled AFTER me. When she finally appeared at the exam room she did not even apologize for being 40 minutes late to a scheduled appointment. When I requested IV fluids because of my history of fainting she merely downplayed the situation and recommended I go home and lay in bed. However I was insistent and told her that I was about to pass out from loss of fluids. She then scheduled IV fluids in the outpatient facility and told me to walk over there. I did loose consciousness, collapsed and fainted at the outpatient facility because my body was to weak and dehydrated. If Dr. Carson was concerned about my well being she would have attended critical patient (myself) promptly and ordered a wheel chair to take me to the IV facility. When someone is about to collapse, you do not tell them to walk over to get you IV fluids. Her lack of care and negligence towards patients needs endangers lives of patients.
Dr. Carson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Illinois At Chicago College Of Dentistry
Graduated in 1985
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Maureen H Carson accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociates In Ob/Gyn, 1875 Dempster St Ste 360, Park Ridge, IL
Dr. Maureen H Carson is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Park Ridge, IL.