Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maureen Killackey
Dr. Maureen Killackey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in Commack, NY and Cooperstown, NY . She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Killackey is affiliated with Bassett Healthcare M I Bassett Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering and St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Maureen Killackey has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
Dr. Maureen Killackey has the following 4 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Maureen Killackey has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maureen Killackey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Killackey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bassett Healthcare M I Bassett Hospital
St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital
Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases
35 Years Experience
Graduated in 1978
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maureen Killackey in this video.
Dr. Maureen Killackey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.