Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maureen M Obrien
Dr. Maureen M Obrien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burlington, MA, with another office in Burlington, MA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Maureen M Obrien has 2 locations
41 Mall Rd
Burlington, MA 01805
Book Online Now
Dr. Maureen M Obrien has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maureen M Obrien has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Maureen M Obrien is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maureen M Obrien - Posted on July 28th, 2018
She is very knowledgeable and listens to you. She has been my doctor for many years. I feel very comfortable with her. I know the time she spends with me is always well spent. If I have to wait a bit it is okay as I know she is giving another patient the same care and advise she is giving me. I never feel like she did not listen carefully and explain to me with great knowledge and care my condition. She has always referred me to the correct specialist when needed. We need more doctors like her. I would highly recommend her.
Dr. O' Brien is the best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maureen M Obrien - Posted on July 24th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maureen M Obrien - Posted on July 4th, 2018
Dr. O'Brien is very thorough and explains everything in laymens language. She does not leave a stone unturned. She takes time. Not rushing you in and out like a revolving door. She welcomes all questions. I am so glad that I was led to her. More Doctors should be like her. All concerns are taken care of.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maureen M Obrien - Posted on January 13th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. O'Brien's for many years. She is comfortable to be with, listens well and is concerned for her patients. However, for whatever reason, I can never get into my appointment sooner than 30 minutes after the appointed time. Usually, it's closer to an hour, and a few times, it has been longer - like today - 1 hour and 45 minute wait. I think I might be looking for a new PCP.
staff is rude
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maureen M Obrien - Posted on January 3rd, 2014
While Dr. O'Brien herself is a very good listener and will take her time to evaluate you, her staff is horrible. They are extremely rude. Every time I have called with for medical advise, they have been dismissive of my concerns, spoken to me condescendingly, and been just plain rude. After my last experience, I have had enough and will be finding a new PCP. The staff needs some serious training on respect and manners! In addition, the wait time is always over an hour and getting in for an appointment takes months.
25 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1993
Mt Auburn Hospital
Dr. Maureen M Obrien Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maureen M Obrien, MD - Internal Medicine in Burlington, MA, in this video.
Dr. Maureen M Obrien is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Burlington, MA.