Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maureen Rafferty has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 26
the office called me last the night before my appointment, indicating that because Dr. Rafferty didn't see me last year that I automatically became a new patient again and she only has one new patient a month so I needed to reschedule. The only appointment she had open was in June, 4 months later. I had to call the office two times to find out why my appointment was being cancelled.
I would not recommend to see Dr. Rafferty. I had a very poor experience. The whole visit took 2 minutes. She barely examined me, didn't even listen to my chest. Totally ruled out that I might have a upper respiratory infection only to find out later from blood test that my white blood count was elevated. I was rushed out of the room and had to catch up with her to ask her a question. I was left wondering "what just happened" I just wonder if she would like to be treated like that by another individual, I bet she'll be quick to demand world class service when it comes to her needs.
Listens well and looks ar every possible angle when diagnosing a problem. Identifies areas when a specialist may help in the diagnosis/treatment. Makes good recommendations for specialists and treatment. Has genuine concern for our well-being. Takes the time and makes the time to understand the issues in other parts of one's life that may be exacerbating the medical condition.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Rafferty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Maureen Rafferty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMecklenburg Medical Group-Museum Ballantyne D, 15110 John J Delaney Dr Ste 200, Charlotte, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maureen Rafferty in this video.
Dr. Maureen Rafferty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.