Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maurice L Dicterow has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Maurice L Dicterow has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Maurice L Dicterow has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maurice L Dicterow is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
His "Bedside Manner" consisted of mostly a blank stare when I tried to explain my condition. I never got any lab results. The receptionist was very friendly but her office and desk looked like the "W.C. Fields Filing System". The waiting room and examining rooms looked like something out of a "B" Movie. I;m not sure how this kind of "Care" can continue to be a viable business.
I've been to see him two or three times over the last 6 months. Each time I've had to wait at least 45 minutes to see him and the first time he didn't even come into the office until 45 minutes after I'd checked in. It's very frustrating. The receptionist runs the front desk and does the intakes as well. It doesn't seem professional at all.
Do not waste your time and endanger your health by seeing him. I was forced to see him for an after hours and again for a same day appointment and both times he prescribed a medication that was contraindicated with the other medications I take and made a diagnosis with no symptoms to indicate. You need to retire!!!
Unfortunately I did not read these reviews before I used Maurice. I went there for an ear infection last week. The office and equipment is outdated. The receptionist was nice but overloaded with responsibilities. There was another patients blood left in my examination room (gross). They wanted a urine sample and there was other patients urine left in the transfer cabinet in the bathroom (gross). He then perscribed an antibiotic the 1st week, which didnt work. He then prescribed another antibiotic the 2nd week, unfortunately he couldnt read his writing from the 1st week and it ended up being the same as the 1st week prescription. I called their office and they blamed the pharmacy first until I called the pharmacy and they told me Maurice screwed up. He then prescribed another antibiotic to fix the problem. They want me to pay for their screwup too. By the way, I still have an ear infection. Hope you noticed I didnt use the Dr. title. Maurice is nice guy though.
47 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Maurice L Dicterow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMaurice Leo Dicterow Md, 4849 Van Nuys Blvd Ste 211, Sherman Oaks, CA
Dr. Maurice L Dicterow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman Oaks, CA.