Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maurice Masse has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Masse has his good points. He performed a decent evaluation during my first visit, and his diagnosis and selection of medication was accurate and appropriate. However, he was not always consistent, and has days when he appears incoherent. Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with him, as he incorrectly administered my dose, causing me to develop a serious allergic reaction. I could have gone into anaphylaxis. Also, his response during my emergency was inadequate. This doctor is dangerous, and I would definitely not recommend him to others.
I have to say that I came to this counseling center with nothing to compare it to because I had never went to one before. I feel that the staff is very courteous and pleasant. They answer all of my questions and are always very helpful in making appointments that accommodate my schedule. I even receive a phone call the day before to remind me of my appointments with the doctor.My experience with Dr. Masse has been an overall good experience. He's happy to answer questions however, sometimes I feel that I am being rushed out of his office. He has accurately diagnosed me and put me on an excellent medication that has virtually alleviated all of my anxiety symptoms. I continue to see this Dr. once a month and aside from the occasional packed office and half an hour wait I have been pleased. I hope that this is helping anyone that is thinking about coming to see this Dr. In the future!
48 Years Experience
Universite D Etat D Haiti
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Maurice Masse accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Maurice Masse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.