Dr. Maurice Thew Is this you?

1.9

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Maurice Thew?

Thorough examination

Posted on October 3rd, 2016

Dr. Thew always treated me professionally and with respect. I see how one could take it as a gruff bedside manner. His examinations are always thorough, and he removed a basal cell carcinoma that day. He never pushed any product on me but made the suggestion. I went to another dermatologist nearby and she was horrible - never even examined me like Dr. Thew.

STAY AWAY!

Posted on January 11th, 2016

Stay away! I can see that his dermatologist wife is the same. Two peas in a pod! This guy walks around with a smug look on his face and literally has his nose in the air. If I didn't have to go to work that afternoon, I would have waited outside and punched him in the mouth!

Worst Doctor

Posted on December 14th, 2015

Terrible. He treated me like I was inferior to him. At one point even laughed at me when I explained to him the products I used to attempt help treat my condition. Meanwhile the products he recommend only made it worst. He refused to prescribe me my everyday skin care medication from my previous doctor. But so far it's been the only thing to help me. While he walked out of the room I had one more question called out to him by name but he close the door in my face. I've never been treated so bad

Posted on October 6th, 2015

Waited over an hour to be seen. When I finally was seen, I was very specific with my purpose there. Instead he pushed a cleanser on me which made my face worse than what it was when I came in. I went back to my old doctor.

Posted on October 5th, 2015

No handshake or introduction, just asked me why I was there. Condescending tone, negative attitude. Made me feel bad about myself and minimized my concerns.

Posted on March 10th, 2015

Dr. Thew acted as if he didn't want to touch me. He also acted as if he wasn't interested in my concerns. He left and had the nurse come in to give me a cream that I told him I already received and it didn't work. Complete jerk.

Posted on December 22nd, 2014

After waiting an hour for my first visit I was tempted to not go back but in did but I won't go again. I really didn't care for this doctor but I have limited options due to my health insurance. If you need a refill on a medicine they will mail you the script or you have to pick it up because it takes "too long to wait on the phone to talk to a pharmacist" and it your insurance company requires a prior authorization on the medication this doctor charges you a fee of $25.00 because of the time involved in dealing with the insurance company. No other doctor I meet with charges such a fee!

he hasn't changed much over the years

Posted on May 10th, 2013

jojo

Posted on November 22nd, 2012

great experience

Posted on August 3rd, 2012

Worst doctor I have had in several years. I went to him to have a check-up for facial irritant contact dermatitis that I was being treated for while spending time out of the country. He didn't ask me many questions about my condition, gleaning little information and insight into what was happening with my skin allergies; furthermore, what I did tell him he seemed to care little about. He told me to use Dial antibacterial bar soap containing dyes and perfume on my ICD, which was caused by perfumed sun screen. It makes zero sense! I will not go back for a follow-up and needless to say, I will not use Dial soap on my face!

Waste of time!!!

Posted on June 3rd, 2010

Pompous ass.

Posted on July 28th, 2008

I saw Dr. Thew twice. The first time he prescribed medicines for my adult acne and psoriasis. My psoriasis is on my feet and hands and is moderate to severe, but Dr. Thew told me I should feel lucky because most people have it on more places. Never mind that one of my issues is that the psoriasis causes painful skin cracks that often make it difficult to walk. On my second visit I waited over an hour to be seen. When Dr. Thew came in, I told him the acne medicines he prescribed made my skin feel it was badly sunburned so I stopped using them. He told me I was wrong. Flat out wrong. He told me there was no reason my skin should've felt this way and to keep using the products. I told him the psoriasis meds he prescribed didn't lead to any significant improvement. He kind of shrugged and told me to keep using them and that I should go see a psoriasis specialist because he couldn't do anything for me. I showed him three toenails that were wonky. I said I didn't know if it was from psoriasis or fungus. He told me it was most likely psoriasis and didn't bother to test. He walked out of the room after spending a total of four minutes with me. I felt tears spring to my eyes as he walked out. Then I started crying, and his nurse saw me cry, and walked out without saying a word. Once she left, I started bawling. The office has thin walls but not one person bothered to check on me to find out why I was upset. I reported Dr. Thew's incompetence to BCBS and will write this review wherever I can. This man is a poor excuse for a dermatologist and should be avoided at all costs.