Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Maurice E Varon
Dr. Maurice E Varon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Varon is affiliated with Rochester General Hospital and Highland Hospital of Rochester. Dr. Varon has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Maurice E Varon has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maurice E Varon has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
Dr. Maurice E Varon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maurice E Varon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr Varon Is an outstanding Doctor. He has a wonderful bedside manner and will spend as much time with you as you need regardless of the time allotted for your appointment. The first time I saw him, I went from my primary doctor directly to see him. Within 5 minutes of arriving I was having a ultra sound and then in to see him. Because of my emergency situation, I know other patients had to wait to see him. This and the fact that he gives you the time you need, may result in having to wait a little longer for your scheduled appointment but it is certainly worth it. He is intelligent, empathic, kind, gifted, concerned & considerate. My mother had a problem of passing out for over 50 years. She went several cardiologists & no one was able to determine why. About 3 years ago, I asked her to see Dr. Varon. She did & he determined the problem. He referred her to another Dr to have an oblation. She has never passed out since the procedure. You will not find a better, more intelligent or friendlier doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Varon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1987
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Maurice E Varon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSands Constellation Heart Institute, 2365 Clinton Ave S Ste 100, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maurice E Varon, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Rochester, NY, in this video.
Dr. Maurice E Varon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.