Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maurizio Z Albala has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Abdominal Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Acute Pain
- Neck Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I was referred to Dr. Albala after suffering a back injury, which has now caused chronic pain. Even while in intense pain on our first meeting, he was able to put me at ease discussing multiple plans of care depending upon the success of each treatment. He has always been willing to spend time explaining procedures at a level you can understand. Dr. Albala has now moved his practice to Oshkosh, which is more than 60 miles from my home. I have and will continue to see him as I feel it is worth the travel time for the results. He listens to your thoughts and decreases your apprehension regarding more invasive procedures. To date, I have received nerve block injections as well as nerve ablation with positive effects. I have already recommended him to several people you have had less than effective results with other physicians regarding pain management.
Dr. Albala is a superb physician who helped me in an emergent basis when I really needed it. I got in promptly, was treated with respect, got excellent care from a knowledgeble physician and the overall experience was wonderful. I just wish I didn't have problem that led me to have to see him, but he sure helped!
All I can say Is Ive met with him a couple times and he really cares about you and your condition. He looks right at you In your eyes and explains everything and Is very honest I really dont think I would have a life with out Dr Albala, He Is very personable and I feel Is one of the best doctors In the area!
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
40 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Milano
Graduated in 1978
Brigham And Womens Hospital
Dr. Maurizio Z Albala accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Maurizio Z Albala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oshkosh, WI.