Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mauro Folgosa
Dr. Mauro Folgosa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stockbridge, GA. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Folgosa is affiliated with Southern Regional Medical Center, Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center and St Josephs Hospital. Dr. Folgosa has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mauro Folgosa has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Folgosa and his staff have taken care of me for 17 years. I developed 10 kidney stones during my 1997 pregnancy. He has performed lithotripsy procedures, basket retrieval and a biopsy of my bladder. When the lab results initially showed irregular cells that required the biopsy, Dr Folgosa talked to me about it in a way that calmed me. He reassured me that it was usually a mistake in the lab work and he was right - the biopsy was normal. Because I have MS, migraines, hip problems including a replacement, he reviews all that is going on when I see him. He has a wonderful personality. His staff schedules necessary procedures quickly, with no frustration for me. I would not want to go anywhere else.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Folgosa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Mauro Folgosa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrology of Greater Atlanta, 290 Country Club Dr Ste 100, Stockbridge, GA
Dr. Mauro Folgosa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stockbridge, GA.