Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mauro K Leyba Jr
Dr. Mauro K Leyba Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fresno, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Leyba is affiliated with Adventists Medical Center Reedley, Madera Community Hospital and Clovis Community Medical Center. Dr. Leyba has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mauro K Leyba Jr has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mauro K Leyba Jr has the following 9 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Mauro K Leyba Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
*Please note the one star is only to submit this review! There needs to be a negative as well! I was originally was sent to see Dr. Leyba after suffering hemolytic anemia during my last pregnancy 19 years ago, due to lupus. I was considered a high risk pregnancy, and he was a specialist referred by my general doctor. It was, from day one, an exercise in frustration! The wait time was always extremely long, the staff very unsmiling, I was always called "Mr.___", but the worst part was always to see him. Newly diagnosed with lupus, I had many questions which I would expect a specialist worth his salt to answer for me. He was very dismissive, curt, rude, at one point telling me, "There are other people sicker than you" I was shocked by his horrible rude manner, and dropped him, telling my doctor about my experience. Unfortunately, 19 years later, every last person I know who has seen him has had a similar experience, most recently my brother, who was told there was nothing wrong with him, then ended up in the emergency room with debilitating symptoms related to lupus. This is a sorry excuse for a doctor, anyone else would be better than him.
Everytime I see Dr. Leyba I have a very long wait even if I am the first appointment of the day. I feel like my concerns are brushed off and that one year of medication was far too long to wait to decide that it wasnt working. I feel that after 1 year of aggressive treatment he is overly optimistic about my future progress and that makes it hard to plan. I have gotten much better than I was but I feel I am as good as I am going to get. It takes months for the office to get medication change approvals and that can be frustrating.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Leyba is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Mauro K Leyba Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMauro Kwek Leyba Jr Md, 7085 N Chestnut Ave Ste 109, Fresno, CA
Dr. Mauro K Leyba Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.