Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maury B Berger
Dr. Maury B Berger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ocala, FL, with another office in Lady Lake, FL. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Berger is affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical Center. Dr. Berger has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Maury B Berger has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 14
I never have been a patient of Dr. Berger's, but my sister was until she lost her battle against ovarian cancer in May of this year. She was so grateful Dr. Berger was her doctor. She always felt he was fighting just as hard for her survival! Many times when the treatment options were limited, he would find something new to try and along with God's Will, was able to keep her with us for awhile longer. Once when she was hospitalized out-of-town, he drove up and visited her one evening! What doctor does that? Only the caring and compassionate ones. We are so grateful to him for all he did for her.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Berger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1972
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Maury B Berger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Maury B Berger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.