Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maury R Ellenberg
Dr. Maury R Ellenberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Novi, MI. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Neuromuscular Medicine, Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Ellenberg is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. He speaks English.
Dr. Maury R Ellenberg has the following 4 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Surgery Recovery
- Chronic Pain
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
He is a knowledgeable doctor but belittles female patients and is frequently sexually inappropriate during exams. I saw Dr Ellenberg 3 times , each time was worse and more invasive than the time before. I refuse to see him again. The staff is kind but Dr Ellengerg is a pervert with a medical license.
I found Dr. Ellenberg to be very nice. His examination was very through. ( Wear nice underclothes, you will be in a gown for your initial exam). Now we will see if he can help. P.S. First time a Dr. has come into an exam room and apologized for things running a few minutes behind schedule.
Stay away from this guy, cares nothing about you. Insurance company hatchet man. You start treating with him and 6 months later he starts fabricating and twisting reports to get your benefits denied. Your insurance company wants reports like this so they can cut your off and saves them a lot of MONEY. They don't care if you end up out on the street. I also had to find out the hard way. He does a lot of Independent Medical Evaluations for the insurance company. I require 24 hours attendant care because I lost the ability to take care of myself due to a car accident, and he discontinued that after only seeing him for 6 months or so. He released me back to work with no restrictions as well when I had 6 operations on my lower limbs and 2 operations on my upper limbs. Please do NOT make the same mistake I made.
Dr. Ellenberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Maury R Ellenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRehabilitation Physicians, 28455 Haggerty Rd Ste 200, Novi, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maury R Ellenberg in this video.
Dr. Maury R Ellenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Novi, MI.