Dr. Maury K Harwood Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maury K Harwood?

Knee Surgery

I am 65 years old and used to be athletic. Dr. Harwood was the 8th doctor I visited regarding the pain I had in my knees which affected my Hip severally, I had back pain sleeping, and knee pain walking. I used to exercise regularly, but for 6 - 7 years since my knee was injured running, I had not been able to exercise as often. Dr. Harwood was referred to me by a stranger who saw me struggling while I was walking and told me that Dr. Harwood is the best surgeon you may come across, he said, that after six weeks of hip replacement, he was able to play basketball. I was able to set my appointment with him quickly and after that things started moving fast. Within 2 weeks I had my knee surgery with a cortisone shot to my hip few days prior to the surgery. Without elaborating too much, the past 7 surgeons that I visited, could not identify the issue and were giving the wrong sequence for the surgery, first hip then knee ( I could not stand on my knee with the opposite Hip taken out), I would have been in bed for a long time, in addition, all of previous docotrs wanted to do knee replacement, verse the orthoscopic surgery which would allow me faster recovery and have a normal life before jumping into knee and hip replacement. I had the orthoscopic surgery with taking the meniscus out with shaving of the bones, almost two weeks ago and I am on my way to therapy and recovery. He is truly a healer and one of the best, caring doctors I have come across. I admit, you may have to sit in the waiting room a while to be seen, but I rather wait and see an expert verses , be on time and loose the ability to walk. I figured out why I had to wait, although he is fast, and energetic, he cares for each person who walks into his office, when he is with you, he makes you feel as if you are the most important person in the world. I felt that I need to show my appreciation for what he has done for me and guide others who may be going through life with the same pain that I used to go through to go to a truly an amazing surgeon. One last comment, I asked him if he can get my surgery scheduled within a week because I was starting a new job, in two week, although his schedule was full for 6 weeks, he said that he will fit me between surgeries. He saw my X-rays on a Monday, the surgery was scheduled for Thursday. He is an amazing surgeon. His staff are also sweet , they are very busy, and there are lots of patience they see through out the day, but they are a great team of people. God Bless Dr. Harwood and his team.

Best Doctor

You can not ask for a better Doctor. Best in skill, bedside manner, personable, trust him 100%. patient since 2000, 3 authroscopic surgeries and both knees replace. Recommended to mom who had knee replaced. Would encourage anyone to see and trust him. Favorite Doctor ever!! Staff equally helpful and friendly.

Amazing

I'm heart broken that I have to find another doctor because I moved. It will be very, very hard to replace Dr. Harwood he is beyond wonderful and listens to his patients and actually cares. There aren't words to describe how great of a doctor he is. I wonder suggest him to anyone