More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maxcie M Sikora has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I had a horriable experience with Dr. Sikora, I went to her office because I was experiencing chronic hives. She instructed me to keep taking th OTC antihistamines that I was taking and gave me a steroid pack. That didn't work so she prescribed a drug that is typically not used to treat hives. When that didn't work she basically told me that she couldn't do anything else for me and to get a second opinion. That was the worse possible care that I have ever gotten from a doctor. She didn't have any bedside manner or concern for my condition. I then went to the Kirkland Clinic and had a wonderful experience. The level of care was totally different. At the Kirkland Clinic they are dedicated to helping the patient. At the Allergy Center, the staff was not helpful and neither was the doctor. I will never recommend anyone who is experiencing hives to go to Dr. Sikora. It will be a waste of your time.
15 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Maxcie M Sikora accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlabama Allergy & Asthma Center, 10 Old Montgomery Hwy Ste 100, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Maxcie M Sikora is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.