Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maxwell S Cosmic
Dr. Maxwell S Cosmic, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clive, IA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cosmic is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center West Lakes. Dr. Cosmic has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Maxwell S Cosmic has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Cosmic treated me after my unexpected pneumothorax which led to surgery and an extended hospital stay. He is an outstanding physician that demonstrates an exemplary bedside manner. I instantly trusted his advice and recommended treatment. For those persons having health issues requiring his expertise, I highly encourage you to contact his office.
We appreciate this Dr. and his manner of treating you as an individual. He is fantastic. Caring, understanding, takes just enough time, always willing to take the time to explain and see family. I absoluely have the highest praise for this Dr. Every Dr. should have such passion for their work. Thank you
Dr. Cosmic is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Maxwell S Cosmic accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChest Infectious Diseases & Critical Care Associates, 1601 NW 114th St Ste 347, Clive, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maxwell S Cosmic in this video.
Dr. Maxwell S Cosmic is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clive, IA.