Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maxwell Plesset
Dr. Maxwell Plesset, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fishkill, NY, with other offices in Poughkeepsie, NY and Mount Kisco, NY (and 2 other locations). He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Plesset is affiliated with Northern Westchester Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Maxwell Plesset has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
After several weeks of continued symptoms following treatment for a difficult respiratory & sinus infection, I was frustrated with Dr. Plesset's seeing insouciance; it seemed like his opinion was that once treated, a patient should be better, no matter what symptoms they reported. I asked within the practice (a *huge* multi-office suburban practice) for a doctor who could give me a second opinion. Several days later, I received a letter from Dr. Plesset stating that he could no longer serve as my physician. There was no reason given (well he couldn't very well say ("because you asked for a second opinion") and he never spoke to me about it, indeed, he has studiously avoided looking at or speaking to me every time I am at the office. How juvenile!
Dr. Plesset is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northern Westchester Hospital
45 Years Experience
University of Pittsburgh
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Maxwell Plesset accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maxwell Plesset in this video.
Dr. Maxwell Plesset is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fishkill, NY.