Dr. May Chin Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. May Chin?

Quite disappointed

Posted on October 24th, 2017

To be up front, I was only a patient for a few months. She came highly recommended to me by a neurologist and a rheumatologist. I didn’t mind being seen mostly by students or NP’s. What I did mind was this: 1) calls going unreturned for 5 days despite 3 messages and the staff getting defensive when I called them out on it, 2) incorrect dosage of my meds in their records (I received 50 mg capsules of a medication and they thought they had written me 25 mg), and 3) the fact that you cannot communicate with them over the patient portal - I do not have the luxury of working in a place with privacy. I had a nasty setback a few weeks ago and all they offered was a dosage increase (which had dangerous effects on me) and/or a complete re-evaluation. I wanted imaging and injections, but all I got was attitude on the phone from the nurse. To be fair, I do think that she and her staff believed me when I said I was in quite significant pain, and the care coordinators were very good about rushing to get me a new patient appointment, but now I feel sorry because all that trouble was for naught. I do not recommend Dr. Chin at all, she wouldn’t move fast enough after I had my setback.

Dr. May Chin

Posted on August 15th, 2017

From the minute she walked into the room, I felt a chill. I looked at her face; I thought uh oh -- No. I found her to be "so professional" that he was colder than the iceberg that recently broke off the Arctic. She had made up her mind that about me before she walked in the door. I found her NASTY. She was intimidating and rude.

Does not listen

Posted on May 30th, 2017

I have tried to work with this doctor for 8 months just because it is convenient to my job. She Does NOT Listen to me, She never ask what I do during my day. Her mind is on one area "medication" I felt like a junky when I would see her, she always asked about my medication and never ask about how I was feeling. Found two more disc protrusions but never discussed with me...

She doesn't listen.

Posted on July 18th, 2016

I saw Dr. Chin for 6 months or so for pain management. Overall, I feel frustration. I don't feel that she listens to me. At my last appointment, I said that my pain was not better, yet, she kept insisting that it was better. I'm the one who feels the pain! When I tried to show her what kind of touch made it hurt and where it hurt, she just wanted to do her own exam, not listen to me. My appointments with her aren't really helping me, and I only just realized that in addition to the copay, George Washington U. is charging an additional amount for use of the facility even though it's just an office visit! After insurance, I have to pay $75 PLUS the co-pay! No thanks.

Evil

Posted on April 24th, 2013

Saw her at Sibley after 3 hour wait. She was horrible, mean, uncaring. She should not be allowed near patients. Negative rating in all areas.

Doesn't seem to care about the patient

Posted on November 6th, 2012

Having seen Dr. Chin repeatedly over the course of more than a year, she has appeared simply annoyed when I come back and tell her my pain is not resolved. And I spend 15 minutes with a med student -- giving yet another history -- and see Dr. Chin for 5 minutes. I am not someone who needs a doctor to hold my hand but in this case I just get the impression she doesn't care much about the patient.

awful and a waste of my money

Posted on August 31st, 2010

Stated that she had no idea what was wrong. Refused to do any tests to find out, her clinical background is weak. Her diagnostic and medicine background are iffy. She may do well in the lab-research, but at the bedside she is lost. Totally misdiagnosed a serious problem in part because she refused to listen to my history. She was so busy counting pills she could not hear me. I now have lost the use of my right arm and have 2 broken screws from previous surgeries that may be the reason for the new ungodly pain I have now. I anm totally incapacitated but I have a decent doctor now. She became upset when I asked for a referral, an EMG, a NCV, and Baclofen for my spasticity-told me to live with it. A neurologist elsewhere suggested it right off the bat and it worked since my main problem at the time for my spinal cord injuries was spasticity , a common complication of SCI. Dr. Chin does not know that medicines cost differently depending on the pharmacy and does not realize that not all pharmacies carry your medicine or that the run out. Perhaps this is do to the fact that she has practiced outside the US mainly. Made me feel like a criminal each time. I could not wait to find another doctor. One of the worst and most incompetent doctors. you have to be careful with pain doctors because many of them do not have a medical background-neurology, medicine and so on. It is a new field and there are not enough stringent requirements. Anesthesiologists do things to you while you are asleep, but they normally do not make diagnoses. So if your pain has not been attributed to a cause, they may not be the best specialist to see you. They can mask important symptoms or simply fail to look for them or even know what to look for since this is not what they typically do.

Posted on November 21st, 2016