Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami
Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fishersville, VA. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Hematology. Dr. Ghaemmaghami is affiliated with Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center, Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center and Augusta Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami has the following 4 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Palliative Care
Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Ghaemmaghami is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center
Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center
Augusta Medical Center
Southside Community Hospital
University of Virginia Medical Center
Martha Jefferson Hospital
UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
23 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1990
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsUVA Hope Cancer Care Augusta, 57 Beam Ln, Fishersville, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami in this video.
Dr. Maya Ghaemmaghami is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fishersville, VA.