Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mayer Grosser
Dr. Mayer Grosser, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Binghamton, NY, with other offices in New Hartford, NY and New York, NY (and 5 other locations). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Grosser is affiliated with Lourdes Hospital, MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center and South Nassau Communities Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mayer Grosser has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Mayer Grosser has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mayer Grosser is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Grosser is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
South Nassau Communities Hospital
Oneida Healthcare Center
Orange Regional Medical Ctr-Arden Campus
Faxton-Saint Luke's Healthcare
St. Marys Hospital
Lenox Hill Hospital
36 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Mayer Grosser accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mayer Grosser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Binghamton, NY.