Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mayra I Melendez
Dr. Mayra I Melendez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with another office in Tucson, AZ. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Melendez is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Mayra I Melendez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mayra I Melendez has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mayra I Melendez has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 14
My elderly mother has been going to Melendez for years and will not change even though she feels Dr. Melendez does not give her the attention she deserves. She feels because she is elderly that Dr. Melendez doesn't follow through with her the way she should. My mother was taken to ER twice, once for both a broken foot and again for high BP/dizziness and confusion, a clear sign that something other than BP is the issue, and Dr. Melendez has yet to call her to follow up. If I were you, I would find someone who specializes in elder care rather than waste your time with her.
Dr. Melendez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Mayra I Melendez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mayra I Melendez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.