Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mayra G Oberto-Medina
Dr. Mayra G Oberto-Medina, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with other offices in Minneapolis, MN and Saint Paul, MN . She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Oberto-Medina is affiliated with Mercy Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Mayra G Oberto-Medina has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr Medina is a very knowledgeable doctor with wonderful "bedside manners " , she always takes the time to fully answer questions. She has also mailed me additional after our visits. She uncovered chronic issues I had where other doctors failed to do so and as a result I feel much better following her treatment.
Dr. Oberto-Medina may be well educated in medicine, but she still needs lessons in communicating with her patients. In my three years as her patient, she always seemed irritated when my husband attended appointments with me. She was often downright rude and dismissive when we asked questions or brought up issues she had not asked us about. When one medication she had me take did not work she blamed my weight (which she knew about before she prescribed it). The last straw was when she told me I did not need to see her again for 4 months, but then 2 months later refused to provide a refill on a prescription unless I came in to see her again. I would not recommend her to anyone.
Dr. Oberto-Medina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Mayra G Oberto-Medina accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mayra G Oberto-Medina in this video.
Dr. Mayra G Oberto-Medina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.