Dr. Mayte Sandrin Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Mayte Sandrin?

waited over an hour for 3 minute appointment

Posted on October 12th, 2017

I have hashimotos. My old endo dr would draw labs and follow up if you need to come in and change dosage. I waited over an hour to be told 'labs are good, see you in 6 months'. then after 20 min in check out line, I just left. She has terrible bedside manner and I do not like how she always has an intern with her. one time I knew I needed my synthroid changed as I was feeling all the symptoms. I had to beg for a 12mcg increase and she did it. I had to come back in 90 days and she said 'wow, you were right, you did need it'. she needs to understand if someone is on the border of what is high for them, then the dosage needs to change. I wish there was another option to switch doctors but there are not many endo docs in town. plus you have to wait 3 months for an appointment.

Posted on June 29th, 2016

Very good experience. very informative and quite pleasant.Thanks

Posted on November 11th, 2015

Dr. Sandrin is very blunt and will not listen when I try to tell her how I am feeling. For sometime now she has me taking Glimperide and I have not felt good since being on it. My sugar levels is all over the place, from low 40 - to high 327. I have gained about 40 pounds since being on this drug and she will not accept that it is this drug that is causing my problems. I also am having thyroid problems but she will not evaluate my thyroid gland with a mri or a ct scan, she did do an in office scan and told me some modules showed up and a goiter but not to worry because she could just look at the modules and gland and tell there was no cancer involved. I am worried and want a full thyroid evaluation and a different diabetic medication. I sure wish she would listen without getting so argumentative with a "know it all" attitude. No bedside manner at all. I am an elderly person.

Posted on October 12th, 2015

Maybe she's great with diabetes and other endocrine disorders, but my experience going to her for a thyroid problem was not very good. She's a nice person as far as I can tell, but she's still using an outdated scale for measuring TSH levels. She diagnosed me with Hashimoto's then said she wasn't going to give me anything for it because my TSH levels weren't considered too high on the outdated TSH scale. This was after she said I would most likely need medication at some point. So essentially, she told me my condition was going to get worse, but she wasn't going to do anything to prevent that from happening. She did listen to me as I told her the symptoms I had, but point-blank told me those symptoms must be caused by something else and not my thyroid because my levels "weren't high enough for that." The exam room was also gross. There was paint scraped off the wall, the cabinet under the sink was taped shut with clear tape.

Defensive

Posted on March 20th, 2015

Dr. Mayte Sandrin from Spartanburg, Sc was very defensive about her knowledge, she ranted on and on. She did not stay on subject, she also said something about whether I liked her not, irrelevant. She did not listen too me. I don't have a thyroid so I can not convert T4 to T3. So it is imperative that I take Natural Desiccated Thyroid (NDT) T3 is the work horse of the body. No one is taking my voice away from me in my medical treatment, if I'm paying your dime (LOL). It was apparent that I was not going too be heard, so I walked out. On positive note staff was courteous.

Needs help with patient skills

Posted on September 23rd, 2014

Been seeing Dr.Sandrin for about 2 yes she is just too frank non caring and always acts as if she's pressed for time. I had hyperthyroidism now I'm hypothyroidism and the meds I'm on is causing my eyes to bulge and she swears it's not the medication I'm on. She keeps ordering blood test as if they'll change without decreasing the dose.

Posted on August 11th, 2014

I wont say who the patient is but "he" went to her several years ago. While at her office he began vomiting uncontrollably & had a headache and was disoriented. His blood sugar was over 450 & they let him drive home BY HIMSELF. Later he had a mri of his brain and it showed that he had a mini-stroke about 6 weeks earlier... the same time he was at the doctors office. Needless to say he changed doctors. Plus she has no bed side manner at all.

Posted on September 15th, 2017