Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mazen A Abu Hatab has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mazen A Abu Hatab has the following 7 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Showing 5 of 12
WHEN i FIRST SAW dr hATAB APPX. 10 YRS+ Ago I had no insurance. He ask me if He had said anything about money I said Nosir. He responded we are concerned about you kidneys now we will work other things out later. Never in my life after several Doctors have I ever heard that responce. This Doctor is a Blessing to me as his patient. He is the most concerned Doctor about his patients I have ever met. I recommend him highly. My Kidneys are a lot better now but YOU as a Patient have to take the responsibility to do exactly as your Doctor says. He is a great and gentle man, and a great Doctor as far as I am concerned.
Could not ask for a better more caring doctor. He makes every patient feel as though they are the only patient he has and gives care as though you are a part of his family. He has caught and healed a kidney problem before it became chronic.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMazen Ahmad Abu Hatab Md, PO Box 32786, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Mazen A Abu Hatab is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.