Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mazen S Itani
Dr. Mazen S Itani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hackettstown, NJ. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular & Interventional Radiology. Dr. Itani is affiliated with Newton Medical Center and Hackettstown Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Mazen S Itani has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology
Showing 5 of 16
Beware of this doctor!! He is as specialist at what is termed "Balance Billing". This means that if he is performing an emergency surgery as an out of network surgeon (which he is for just about everyone) he will hold YOU responsible for any amount your insurance company won't pay. About 5 months later, along with a bill, his office will then send you a form letter with instructions and an actual dialogue on how to fight with your insurance to get them to pay more. If you have a self-funded plan like many private companies do, legally they do not have to pay him the full amount that he wants - even if it is an emergency! This means you are on the hook for the rest and it can be quite a lot of money - much more than what is considered usual and customary. My advice; if the Hospital calls Dr. Itani in to perform any emergency surgery and you have an employer-funded plan, tell them you want someone else. And don't believe him if he says it all has to be covered by the insurance company. He did that with me and it was a lie. That is only if you have Medicare or Medicaid. If it is a private employer funded plan, they are under no legal obligation to pay and you are liable. Also, he makes you sign a contract with him right as you are going into surgery and will tell you it's just routine paperwork giving him permission to operate. A lot of his reviews mention that. Read the bottom paragraph, that is where you are agreeing to be "balance billed". Consider yourself warned....
I went to the ER at Morristown Med Ctr. With abdominal pains. X-rays showed an intestinal obstruction. We tried relieving it with the naso-gastric tube, which sometimes works, to avoid surgery since I was a poor risk. I did need the surgery which was very complex due to adhesions. It was successful and my life was saved. He correctly predicted a long recovery but kept us informed in a timely manner. I had Medicare and had no insurance problems.
I ended up on this page to confirm his address for the hacketstown location since I always see him in the Newton location. And was blown away with the nasty comments that were left. I have had only an EXCELLENT experience with Dr. Itani. He was highly recommended by another Dr. to me. The comments below reflect problems people have with insurance and payment and not the quality of this Dr. which is a shame. They did not have coverage and blame the doctor for their financial shortfalls and expect him to cover their shortfalls. Dr. Itani has done a great job with me and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Itani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1996
University Hospital Of Brooklyn
Dr. Mazen S Itani accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMazen Itani Md Pc, 653 Willow Grove St Ste 1200, Hackettstown, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mazen S Itani in this video.
Dr. Mazen S Itani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackettstown, NJ.