Dr. Mazhar Nawaz Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Mazhar Nawaz?

Posted on July 5th, 2017

This doctor performed an extra surgery that wasn't necessary. The hospital was in network with my insurance but he somehow was not. I wasn't informed of that until after surgery and receiving two huge bills. The follow-up was at a shady location and I had to wait several hours to see him, as he was in surgery across town. Also, he ruined my stomach. Avoid this doctor!

Posted on August 21st, 2016

Instilled confidence and reassurance of the emergency surgical procedure during a family medical emergency while our family was visiting Disney. I'm glad it was Dr Nawaz.

Don't use this doctor!

Posted on May 8th, 2015

If you have a choice, do not let this guy operate on you. Unfortunately I was If you have a choice, do not let this guy operate on you. Unfortunately I was admitted to the hospital on a Saturday night with appendicitis, and I was assigned to the surgeon on duty that night, who happened to be Dr. Nawaz. He decided to operate on me at 2:30 am. I didn't see him again until 6:30 that night when he released me. He wrote me a prescription for Percocet but failed to include his FDA number, which my husband only discovered after driving to the 24 hour pharmacy almost 30 minutes from our home. When my husband returned to the hospital to try to sort it out, he was told that the doctor was not there and there was nothing they could do. They eventually tracked down the doctor, who called the pharmacy and I eventually got a prescription for a different pain medicine that was much less effective. Dr. Nawaz told me to schedule a follow up with his office on Friday, which I did with some difficulty due to the incompetence of his office staff. I showed up for my appointment to find that his office is actually a botox/aesthetics clinic. After waiting about 15 minutes, the receptionist told me that my copay would be $40, but she was stopped by another staff member who said that I needed to pay $150 because the doctor doesn't get paid by the insurance. This was untrue - we pay a lot of money for VERY good insurance coverage. I confirmed with the insurance that my provider copay is actually ZERO. We left without being seen, as I do not trust anything about this guy or his office staff. Now I'm stuck trying to find another doctor to see me as a follow up, while still in pain and discomfort almost 6 days post-op.

Please don't make the mistake I did

Posted on January 21st, 2015

I went for botox. I've never used more than 20 units ever in the past he pushed me to pay for 70-80 units and refused to treat my forehead with 20 units but only the bunny lines on my nose his helper was speaking to me when he entered the room and he yelled at her. His office is a converted house in a residential neighborhood. Definitely the scariest doctor experience I've had in my life... If he really is a doctor

bad experience

Posted on August 16th, 2014

This dr. has the bedside manner of a turtle. He was rude to me and my wife, and I would not go to him again, or recommend him. He also gave me incorrect medical advice.

Over 5 years Now

Posted on July 27th, 2011

Dr. Mazhar Nawaz has been treating me for over 5 years now, almost 7 I think. I have a few chronic issues, and Dr. Nawaz takes great care in his review of my file each time I see him. He never fails to be sure to ask how I am, and recalls my circumstances from the last visit. I would be sleepless in Orlando, and very sad if Dr. and his staff were not there for me.

Could not have asked for better care.

Posted on July 16th, 2010

Dr. Nawaz performed emergency surgery on me when I was out of town on vacation. He was courteous, professional and answered all of my questions. His confidence as a surgeon put me quickly at ease. I was extremely fortunate to have had him as my physician.

Posted on June 23rd, 2009

I can say from my personal experience from a surgery and subsequent office follow up that I found Dr. Nawaz to be courteous, informative, skilled, and dedicated to providing quality care to his patients at all times.

unnecessary surgeries

Posted on June 20th, 2009

performs unnecessary surgeries, has had multiple disciplinary actions for offenses such as having p.a.s write prescrptions for controlled substances.

Posted on December 24th, 2016