Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mazhar U Sheikh
Dr. Mazhar U Sheikh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Woodbridge, VA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Sheikh is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center, Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Sheikh has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mazhar U Sheikh has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Nuclear Stress Test
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure
- Chest Pain
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Stress Testing
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Catheterization
Showing 5 of 8
Mazhar U. Sheikh is a high level cardiovascular and internal medicine physician, who goes above and beyond to provide exceptional care to his patients. Iâve been his patient for over 13 years now. Iâm so grateful for his care. Heâs highly competent and a great communicator. On every visit he takes the time to breakdown my basic measures such as cholesterol control, LDL control, Blood pressure control and has taught me how to keep them in line to sustain good health. He has proven to me that heâs the best cardiologist ever, by the way he pays attention to my comfort and unique health needs. The staff is highly competent and creates a pleasant office atmosphere.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Sheikh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Mazhar U Sheikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Nuclear Cardiology, 14904 Jefferson Davis Hwy Ste 306, Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Mazhar U Sheikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.