Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mearl A Naponic has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I went to see Dr. Naponic for excessively heavy periods and irregular bleeding. I also have PCOS (diagnosed by a different OB/GYN at Sharp). There is a long family history of multiple cancers, and since I had already had 2 D&Cs for polyps, hyperplasia, etc., I needed to get checked out. Dr. Naponic had the blood results showing abnormal hormone levels and ratios, yet told me there was nothing he could do. He did no pelvic exam or diagnostic tests whatsoever, didn't offer any type of hormone therapy or anything at all, even when I asked him directly what I could do to help my symptoms. He told me nothing I was doing was going to help my PCOS symptoms or painful heavy periods and sent me on my way. I left his office in tears. I have never had a doctor care so little about my health before. Two of the other doctors I saw at this practice were so much more caring and helpful, they were the ones who diagnosed my PCOS, endometrial hyperplasia, and endometrial polyps. It's a shame one doctor retired and the other moved to a different practice (although, if they were having to witness the callousness of one of their senior staff on a repeated basis, I don't blame them for leaving).
I can't think of any physician I would recommend more than Dr. Naponic. He delivered my daughter in 2007 and my son via c-section in 2012. My first delivery was very difficult and I firmly believe that in the hands of a lesser doctor, I could have possibly died or at the very least not have been able to have further children. Due to his expertise, I walked away unscathed. His bedside manner is beyond reproach and he never hesitates to take the extra time to make sure you feel comfortable and educated. While office waits can be long at times, it was never unreasonable and as far as I'm concerned well worth the wait. His nurse Debbie should be mentioned as well...she is awesome, thorough, and her no nonsense approach was much appreciated.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2016, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Temple University School Of Medicine
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Mearl A Naponic accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSharps Grossmont Ob/Gyn, 8851 Center Dr Ste 500, La Mesa, CA
Dr. Mearl A Naponic is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.