Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Medha A Gavai MD
Dr. Medha A Gavai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Highland Park, NJ. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Medha A Gavai has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Medha A Gavai has the following 5 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
Showing 2 of 2
Great doctor for my daughter
Self-verified patient of Dr. Medha A Gavai - Posted on October 23rd, 2018
I can't express how great Dr. Gavai is. She was exceptional at consulting with me and arriving at a quick diagnosis of pyloric stenosis for my newborn daughter. She and her office cleared any obstacles in getting to the ultrasound, pediatric ER, and connecting with the pediatric surgeon. She visited us in the hospital and followed up with me personally by phone. What's more, her calm demeanor is incredible helpful for children and babies alike. I am so glad I found Dr. Gavai for my daughter.
Dr. Medha Gavai unsure aboute her diagnosis. She don't know anything.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Medha A Gavai - Posted on July 14th, 2017
Penn State University
Dr. Medha A Gavai Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUNIVERSITY PEDIATRIC ASSOCIATES, 317 Cleveland Ave Ste 204, Highland Park, NJ
Dr. Medha A Gavai is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Highland Park, NJ.