Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Meena Shankar MD
Dr. Meena Shankar has 2 locations
275 W MacArthur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94611
Dr. Meena Shankar has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Meena Shankar has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Meena Shankar - Posted on April 25th, 2018
I would like to thank Dr. Shankar for her very competent care that she has provided our family. I now have my teenaged daughter, my mother and my sisters seeing her as well and they all love her to the moon! I have had to switch my OBGYN a few times and finally relieved to have found someone that cares and is awesome.
She has no concerns for you
Self-verified patient of Dr. Meena Shankar - Posted on April 4th, 2016
My visit with Dr Meena was below satisfactory. The purpose was to have my annual check up and to discuss infertility issues. I was over 35 and had concerns and wanted to know what advise or options I should consider. She told me to watch my weight, take prenatal vitamins and to keep trying. Keep trying was not an option as our winow was getting smaller and smaller. I wanted check ups, tests, on both myself and possibly my husband, and was hoping we'd get things started to see what path was most approrpriate for us. Her response was not the general blanket generic advise i was expecting from an obgyn. She has no concern for her patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Bangalore Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Meena Shankar, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Oakland, CA, in this video.
Dr. Meena Shankar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Oakland, CA.