Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Meenakshi Kumar
Dr. Meenakshi Kumar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Needham Heights, MA. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine, Allergy and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kumar is affiliated with Newton-Wellesley Hospital, UMass Memorial-Marlborough Hospital and Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Meenakshi Kumar has the following 3 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Palliative Care
- Preventive Medicine
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Kumar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UMass Memorial-Marlborough Hospital
Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
Mount Auburn Hospital
UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
Boston Medical Center
15 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Saint Francis Hospital
Dr. Meenakshi Kumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Deaconess Healthcare, 100 2nd Ave, Needham Heights, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Meenakshi Kumar in this video.
Dr. Meenakshi Kumar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Needham Heights, MA.