Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Meenakshi N Sharma has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Sharma was the Hospitalist who saw my husband when he was admitted to Overland Park Regional Medical Center. Dr. Sharma sees the whole patient. She is an excellent clinician who cares to go the extra mile. She noticed after she had seen him the previous day, that he did not look as well as the day before. Dr. Sharma didn't rest until she discovered why he felt so badly. After her testing and her diagnosis, he was treated for a perforated bowel that occurred during an outpatient surgery. Due to Dr. Sharma's dedication, the 12.5cm abscess was found and dealt with appropriately. Without her keen eye, the outcome might have been very different .
Dr. Meenakshi N Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOverland Park Regional Medical Center, 10500 Quivira Rd, Lenexa, KS
Dr. Meenakshi N Sharma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lenexa, KS.