Dr. Meenakshi Vemuri Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Meenakshi Vemuri?

Very good

Posted on December 15th, 2016

I have had no problems getting appointments and the office staff has been very helpful. Doctor Vemuri was attentive, thoughtful and I found her to be very kind. When we made a repeat appt for two months out, she realized that one of my prescriptions would expire in the interim and gave me a prescription in advance

Posted on December 6th, 2016

Dr. Vemuri is very intelligent calm person that truly cares about her patients.

Good and bad

Posted on August 19th, 2015

Like others have posted, getting a hold of her is very hit or miss. She has gotten back to me in a day or 2 but other times not at all even after I left messages. And this was for medication issues/questions/refills. This can be dangerous to children with mental health issues. However, I do find her diagnosis and medication choices to be sound. Our psychologist believes this to be true as well after referring other patients to her. She does not push high doses and likes to try small doses first and less meds if possible which I appreciate. Unfortunately child psychiatrists are hard to come by so we are sticking with her. But the unresponsiveness may cause me to switch.

avoid Dr. Vemuri

Posted on December 20th, 2014

I have to echo most of what others said. She is nice, but consistently keeps us waiting 30 mins or more. We usually have the first appointment of the day and see her walk into the office through the waiting room 30 minutes after our appointment time. If she can't get to work until 10:30, she should not make 10 am appointments. We've also had issues with her responding to refill requests. The only reason we stay with her is the long wait lists for other doctors and the fact that we only have to deal with her once every few months for check ins. If I had to do it over again I would definitely pick a different therapist.

Posted on April 8th, 2014

Does not keep on top of when a patient will need a refill, does not respond when pharmacy faxes a refill request even when not having the medication can have potential dire consequences. Very, very disappointing .

Horrid office, horrid Dr.

Posted on February 21st, 2014

***AVOID*** Based on the several office visits I have had here. I would tell anyone and everyone to avoid at all cost! I have had relatively little contact with the actual office staff except over the phone as my appointments have always been after hours, but they are very unhelpful. My Dr. was very late for every visit, one time keeping me waiting for over and hour and a 1/2. I stayed with this office only because of the waiting list for getting into a different practice. I think I have maybe 6 / 7 visits with her and I was prescribed about 6 different therapeutic drugs. She is nice enough, but that's about where the good stops. There was an extended period of time 2 plaus weeks) in which i ended up going without a refill on my Concerta, a drug that I had been taking for a couple of months and was dependent upon to function, or at least I found this out when I could not reach her for a refill. I never got a call back from the doctor after many many efforts to contact her and at least 5 messages left in her voice mail. The office staff refused to offer and help or alternatives. I am extremely frustrated with this office and wish I had the resources to chase after them legally.

Unprofessional

Posted on April 13th, 2012

Consulted Dr. Vemuri for our son who has ADHD. My biggest complaint is that she is impossible to reach, even when we have run out of medication and need a refill. For someone in the mental health field, I consider that unethical.

Why

Posted on October 1st, 2011

I have never had a worse experience with a professional before. Our first meeting- she took a patient that was late by 20 minutes over me and then spent 30 minutes with them. She told me to come early so I did, yet I had to wait for an hour for her to finish up. She also didn't even apologize to be late. She came out and told me to come back in her office and didn't even walk me in-she left me to find the room herself. She was rude, cold and treated me like a child. She acted like I didn't know my problems and diagnosed me with something I don't even have. I kept trying to explain to her my problems but she was so adamant about proving me wrong she put me on a medicine I told her didn't work. Immediately switching doctors. If you want a doctor that cares about you DO NOT go to Dr. Vemuri. You think someone with 22 years of experience would know how to treat a patient.

BEWARE!

Posted on September 5th, 2010

This so called Psychiatrist does not care about the welfare of her patients. I question if she understands mental illness or maybe Dr. Vemuri just does not care to put herself out to appropriately treat her patients. Even if Dr. Vemuri chooses not to medically help a patient and lets them completely deteriorate, she'll probably receive a paycheck anyway.If you care about yourself or a loved one then please avoid this Psychiatrist at all costs! Seriously, please DON'T place your health & life to Dr. Meenakshi Vemuri's mercy!

Unprofessional and Rude.

Posted on September 3rd, 2010

unprofessional conduct. rude. Make sure you oversee everything this doctor does. Known to give dangerous meds interactions.

Posted on September 9th, 2017