Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Meera Appaswamy
Dr. Meera Appaswamy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cumberland, MD, with another office in Cumberland, MD. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Appaswamy is affiliated with Thomas B Finan Center and Northwest Hospital Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Meera Appaswamy has 2 locations
115 Baltimore St Ste 200
Cumberland, MD 21502
Book Online Now
Dr. Meera Appaswamy has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Meera Appaswamy has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Meera Appaswamy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Meera Appaswamy - Posted on February 10th, 2015
Dr. Appaswamy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Bangalore Medical College
Graduated in 1988
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Meera Appaswamy Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Meera Appaswamy's office for more information.
115 Baltimore St Ste 200 Cumberland, MD : (301) 723-4965
1029 Cherrywood Ave Cumberland, MD : (301) 723-4965
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Meera Appaswamy, MD - Anesthesiology in Cumberland, MD, in this video.
Dr. Meera Appaswamy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cumberland, MD.