Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Meera Atkins
Dr. Meera Atkins, MD, FACOG is a Doctor primarily located in Aurora, IL, with other offices in Sycamore, IL and Geneva, IL . She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Atkins is affiliated with Delnor Community Hospital, Valley West Community Hospital and Kishwaukee Community Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Meera Atkins has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Meera Atkins has the following 5 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Dr. Meera Atkins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Self-verified patient of Dr. Meera Atkins - Posted on December 19th, 2014
Dr Atkins is a very caring Doctor she spent a lot of time with me. She wanted to make sure I understood what was going on with my diagnosis.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Meera Atkins - Posted on October 30th, 2014
Worst bedside manner/no direction
Self-verified patient of Dr. Meera Atkins - Posted on April 22nd, 2014
She was condescending towards my daughter. I had to be pushy to get her to even listen to me. Our doctor referred us due to family history of several female issues. The only thing she did was a Pap smear which my general could have preformed. Didn't read our paperwork when asked about symptoms she didn't listen nor want to explore options to treat. We have a complex medical history due to my closed adoption. No compassion to help. She shares a space with another medical group called clear skin when I asked her staff they rolled their eyes and complained about the docs only being there Tuesday and Thursday. Trust? Not our family or circle of professionals will I ever refer. My daughter ended up in years.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Meera Atkins - Posted on November 9th, 2012
Great Surgeon and Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Meera Atkins - Posted on November 6th, 2012
Dr. Atkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Delnor Community Hospital
Valley West Community Hospital
Kishwaukee Community Hospital
16 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio Universities
Graduated in 1997
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Meera Atkins, MD, FACOG - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Aurora, IL, in this video.
Dr. Meera Atkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, IL.