Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Meera Chong has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Meera Chong has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Dr. Meera Chong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I was a young mother and Dr.Chong was truly a blessing in my life. She was kind, compassionate, and everything I needed in a doctor. She wanted what was best for me and my baby and helped me understand what that was without being judgemental. She knew my fears of having a c-section and let me wait as long as was safe, although the other doctor wanted to go in and get my daughter at the 24 he mark. Dr.Chong stayed at the hospital long after her shift was over to deliver my baby and, thanks to her, I was able to deliver a beautiful baby girl naturally. She was everything I wanted in a doctor, even the things I didn't know to ask for. She made my stressful pregnancy one to enjoy. Her personality is very calm and compassionate, a perfect fit for someone as high strung as I am. It was truly sad to say goodbye when she left Sutter of Roseville. It has been 8 years sense I last saw Dr.Chong and I have sense had a son. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I decided to look for her to deliver this baby. I think that speaks volumes as to my regards for her. Eight years later, I haven't found an obgyn that measures up to the high standards Dr.Chong has set. I am so happy I found her and can't wait to
She has a very bad god complex about her. She told me I had no idea about when I had conceived even tho I had implicitly stated to her that I had used ovulation strips from the time I had stopped bleeding to the time I started spotting. She refused to listen to me about my serious health issues, those being my Celiac Disease. I was always verry nice and as polite as I could be but was always dismissed when I brought up a concern. I then saw one of her colleague on another visit whom I found very personable and really felt at ease with. I asked Dr. Chong if she minded if I switched because I felt more at ease with her fellow Dr. She seemed a little upset and then said she would see if she would take me. I was 5 months pregnant at the time. She called me two weeks after that visit and told me that she would not see me any longer and neither would her colleague. She said her colleague had looked up my prior birth history and would not see me based on that. I had not given either of them permission to look at my files and they never asked. So I got no care because of it. I am now 7 weeks postpartum and having some issues so I made an appointment with her again as the hospital had told me too. I got to the office and disrobed and waited and when she came in she was very upset to see me in her office. She ranted about how she would not see me and that and I quote " THIS IS WHAT YOU GET." She then went on to say that if I wanted care I could step out of her office and make an appointment with her colleague or go to the ER. Her colleague is on vacation. She tired to tell me that I had been transferred to her colleague when she knew it was not so as she was the one to call me and tell me so. So now I am still having issues and have gotten no care because the postpartum ward will not take me as I have started my 7th week and its not bad enough yet to endure the wait time in the ER. I would caution any woman seeking compassionate care to look elsewhere. Dr. Sawyer was very nice and she put me at ease it was a shame that she would not take me. I would go with her in a heartbeat.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Dr. Meera Chong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPer Arne Dovre Md, 6283 Clark Rd Ste 8, Paradise, CA
Dr. Meera Chong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paradise, CA.