Dr. Megan Cortazzo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Megan Cortazzo?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

What a caring Doctor!

Posted on February 24th, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia years ago but no specialist or medication has helped ease my pain until I was referred to Dr. Cortazzo 2 years ago. She has never rushed an exam and has always listened to all my complaints. Her technic using ultrasound and injections has helped my pain immensely! She has even prescribed a compound drug that I use when needed for pain. Even my physician is impressed with her work and has sent more of her patients dealing with chronic pain to her. My only complaint is how long you have to wait for an appointment because she is so busy. But it is worth the wait!

NO LOYALTY-BAD MEDICINE

Posted on May 6th, 2015

I had been going to Dr. Cortazzo's office for five years. I started on 6 pain pills, then knocked down to 5 pills and because I had a few left, they knocked me down to 4 pills per day. See what honesty gets you at this place. Well...because of a couple of more falls due to lack of cortisol in my system, I asked them for 3 or 4 months straight to go back up to 5 pills. They refused each time. I had severe pain due to an abscessed tooth so I ended up having to take more than 4 per day which caused me to run low. I had an old prescription of 2 percocets which could be backed up from my other doctor's records, which showed in my urine test Well...I got excused from the program. No warnings, nothing! Booted out!! 5 looong years going there and never had this issue. Avoid Dr. Cortazzo at all costs. She NEVER came into the room to talk except maybe twice the 5 years I went there, she left it up to her PA's. So how does she personally know what I'm going through? The PA's can't convey to her the pain I'm in as well as I can. She's a no show doctor who judges. Again, avoid Dr. Cortazzo!!

She does not work

Posted on May 12th, 2014

Andrea the PA does most of the work if there is a problem with your medication you have to wait until the next month to talk about it and when the next month comes she still does not want to change your medication. Dr. Cortazzo does not even see her patients so how can she know what they are going through. To me she lets Andrea do all of dirty work.

Posted on January 18th, 2014

Dr. Cortazzo is a very bright, engaged and empathetic physician. Without her care, I would not be where I am today.

Plain and Simple....Very Good Pain Mgt

Posted on April 3rd, 2013

After a "Life Changing" Motor Vehicle Accident in 2007 while working, I obviously was doing the "Work Comp" shuffle altering several Doctors and rediculous amount of medications with zero relief or sleep for 90 days until Primary Comp Doctor realized how serious my injuries were, and progressing at minimal levels and actually provided a "Quality Patient Assessment" and referred me to a Concussion Specialist, Dr. Collins who then had me see Dr. Cortazzo for severe neck/back pain and injuries that I was provided with not only my first accurate Injury Critique, but also started on 1st Pain Mgt relief Program. If your looking for a "Med Writer" at rediculous amounts.....keep looking and go to Meth Clinic. If your serious about helping yourself and trying to at least function at basic levels, at reduced pain levels, then she and her staff will probably help you in some way. I've basically had every "Injection" available both in treatment rooms and more serious in depth Injections during "out-patient" procedures and some work better than others. Depending on your injury and pain levels, you probably will never become totally "Pain-Free, but if your an Honest Patient and Responsible with your Meds, Doc will get you on the right track in a very short period. Understand you will provide random in-Room Drug Screens which should not ever be an issue if your serious about getting Help. They finally have assembled a Great Staff and Physician Assistants who are both fair and accurate. I value my Doctor/Patient relationship and will never go anywhere but here.

Maybe she was having a bad day?

Posted on May 2nd, 2012

The physician's assistant and the rest of the staff did most of the work. The doctor was rude and condescending, not interested in my questions and concerns and she couldn't get out of the examination room quickly enough, even walking out of the room while I was still talking to her.

Posted on November 28th, 2011

Dr. Cortazzo gave me an injection for my back. I was so nervous but she talked me through the procedure and when it was over, I relized I had not felt a thing. I followed her advice on exercise (doing well) and on losing weight (going slowly) but I am pain free for the first time since my injection. I cannot recommend this doctor enough.

patient

Posted on November 25th, 2011

Dr. Cortazzo has really helped me through some bad times. She made the difference for me. I believe that without her help, my life would be significantly different, not in a good way. I was able to rely on her for the correct decisions, after a serious accident, where I was not able or cap- bible to question her judgment. It such a good thing to know there are doctors like her that capable and can step in and make a difference when you really need it.

Pippa

Posted on August 21st, 2011

I was diagnosed within 10 minutes of seeing her. (Visited 5 other docs over the past 3 years who did not know what I had and the last one I went to see refferred me to Dr. Cortazzo) I was relieved and nervous at the same time getting diagnosed so quickly - however, since she has treated me, most of my symptoms are GONE. She says if I lose another 10 pounds (I am about 15 lbs overweight) they will be all gone.

Posted on June 9th, 2011

I was nervous about getting an injection at first, but Dr. Cortazzo was excellent! The treatment I received completely relieved my neck pain. I would recommend her to anyone in my family. Her staff was attentive and friendly.

Posted on May 4th, 2011

Dr. Cortazzo was very professional and caring. It is clear to me that she is a leader in her field - she is extrememly very knowledgeable. She diagnosed my problem after asking several direct questions. She was able to treat me in the office, and the treatment I received has improved my pain tremendously. I am now able to perform everday tasks pain-free. Also, Dr. Cortazzo's staff was excellent. They were professional, timely, and friendly. They were also very caring, which I found to be a great attribute. The staff's professional behavior added to my overall excellent impression of her practice.I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Cortazzo.

Saved my back

Posted on January 20th, 2010

Dr. Cortazzo ushered me in her office and got right to the point - pinpointed my issues in 5 minutes and allowed me several times to keep asking questions - as I was confused about how this pain started in the first place. After the appointment and injection, after a few days I was working again without pain for 8 hour stretches. In a few weeks, I was able to actually start walking again for exercise for more than 10 minutes without pain.