Dr. Megan McGavern Is this you?

You just have to meet Dr. McGavern-she and her staff are terrific!

We were among the first patients joining Dr. McGavern when she came to this practice. She has taken care of my mother, brother, husband, daughter and me! She is compassionate, caring, and listens to our concerns. She takes an interest in our family dynamics. My husband and I are planning to move out of state for about a year, but we will not be changing doctors. We will return to Newport News quarterly/semi annually to fulfill our appointments. We trust and believe in Dr. McGavern and when you feel that way about your doctor, you don't want to give them up.

very satisfied

She is cold and impersonal and is always late in seeing you although she wants $50.00 if you miss an appointment. She has a horrible bedside manner as he does not make any small talk or take the time to look at you and get to know you as a person. If you fall into the cookie cutter patient mode then she's fine with you otherwise she will catch an attitude. I don't think she is happy and it shows.

It's very difficult to find a good doctor when you move to another state. Dr. Megan Mcgavern is one of the best doctors I have had in many many years. She listens she cares and she takes her time with you no matter how busy she is. We are blessed to have found her. We love her dearly and who has ever said that about their doctor?? She is the best there is. Compassionate caring gentle and kind!!

Dr, Mcgavern can be very rude and arrogant. She failed to diagnose severe health problems my mother was experiencing, and became sullen and obnoxious when I inquired about the treatment being given by her. I would not recommend her period.

extreme disapointment

While Dr. McGavern seemed to know her field, I got the distinct feeling that my time was not valuable to her (I arrived 20 minutes early and sat in the back for an additional 15 minutes). There was nobody in the waiting room when I arrived and the front desk person was a temp hire for the day. When I met with Dr. McGavern she had a student following her and she talked down to me. I didn't feel that my concerns were addressed or taken seriously. I'm sorry, but even if I'd received top notch care, I don't have an hour to waste every time I have an appointment. I have to make a living too. I was very disappointed especially after seeing her commercial. Not what I was expecting at all.

Great Experience

Dr. Megan McGavern was very polite listened to my concerns addressed my conditions. Also she gave good medical feedback with good follow up procedures. Thank you for a great first visit.